Nova Rolling Code Transmitters
There are a number of receivers that operate with the Nova range of transmitters. It is important to first identify the type of receiver you are using.
A. Single and multichannel Nova receiver
- Open the receiver unit and with power on, bridge the LEARN/J1 pins with the jumper provided. If the jumper is missing use another metal object like a key or screwdriver.
- The red LED will now illuminate.
- Press the required button on the Nova transmitter. The red LED will flash once to indicate the transmitter has been learned. Repeat this step for additional transmitters.
- Once the LED has confirmed learning, remove the jumper from the LEARN/J1 pins and store on one of the pins.
- The transmitters are now ready for use.
B. Nova Voyager receiver
1. Identify MASTER transmitter.
- The master transmitter can be identified by looking at the Nova Voyager receiver's LED while pressing a button on the Nova transmitter. The LED will give one long flash followed by one short flash to indicate a master transmitter.
- If the master transmitter is lost, the only way to add more transmitters is to first erase the receiver's memory and then learn in a new master transmitter. Unfortunately all existing transmitters will have to be re-learned.
2. Add additional transmitters
- Press any button on the MASTER transmitter for at least 10 flashes of the red LED. If the LED is not visible, count between 10 and twenty seconds. The receiver is now in learn mode for 10 seconds and the LED will remain on during this time.
- Press the required button on a new Nova transmitter. The LED will flash and the learn mode is extended for 10 seconds.
Repeat for additional transmitters.
- 10 seconds after the last transmitter is learned the LED will turn off and the receiver will exit learn mode. The new transmitters are ready for use.
3. Create a new MASTER remote (If original MASTER is lost)
- With power on and the receiver plugged in, bridge pins J1 or J2 with the jumper provided.
- The red LED will flash eleven times. Removing the jumper during this time will cancel the erase operation.
- After eleven flashes the LED will remain on, remove the jumper to completely erase the receiver's memory.
- Press and hold the new MASTER transmitter for 5 seconds, the gate will operate to indicate the transmitter is learned and is the MASTER.
- For additional transmitters, go to step 2.